Peregian Springs is a suburb on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia, and lies within the Sunshine Coast Regional Council local government area. The suburb is home to a large-scale housing estate of the same name which is being developed by Aveo Property Group. At the last Australian Census the suburb recorded a population of 3,949.
“Peregian” is an Aboriginal word for emu.
- Average solar irradiation: 4.90 kWh/m²/day
- Average wind speed: 3.88 m/s
- Average air temperature: 19.38 °C
- Average earth temperature: 20.18 °C
- Average humidity: 66.63
- Average air pressure: 99.11 kPa
Wildlife Conservation Area
There are 50 hectares of conservation areas to ensure habitat and breeding grounds for native fauna. A recovery plan for the Emu Mountain Sheoak and a dedicated nature corridor form part of the conservation effort.
The Ridges Peregian Springs residential development utilises a stormwater management system that includes the building of swales which are designed to provide treatment of run-off, moving water away from residential areas and using vegetation as a filter to reduce pollutants and improve water quality.
Homes in the suburb include Independent Living units, serviced apartments and Retirement village which form part of the master planned community of Peregian Springs.
Peregian Springs Shopping Centre
The 5000 m² centre has rainwater tanks to collect rain run-off for irrigation and cleaning, and solar shading to reduce the need for air conditioning. It includes a Coles supermarket, 15 specialty stores and 300 parking spaces.
Peregian Springs Residential Estate
Ridges Peregian Springs, a residential development, is a master planned residential community which integrates schools, shopping centres and recreation centres.
Sports and recreation
Integrated cycling and walk paths connect slow-speed street paths, forming a large network throughout the suburb.
Peregian Springs Golf Club
The privately owned, 18-hole, 72-par Peregian Spring Golf Course is for members and guests only. The following charity events are housed annually:
- Advanced Sports Incorporated – Sports Star of the Year awards on the Sunshine Coast.
- Energex Rescue Helicopter Service – An annual golf day to raise money for the rescue service.
- St Andrew School Peregian Springs – Events to raise money for the local school.
- Coolum Surf Life Saving Club – Funds-raising event to support the SLSC and nippers club.
- Peregian Beach SLSC – Raises money to support the local Surf Life Saving Club.
- Variety Club – Raises money to fund local Sunshine Coast charities and providing need to special schools.
Not many people know more about the goings on in Peregian Springs than Dave Williams – Give him a call, as he always love to talk about his Passion, which is Perigean. 0488 88 4573.
You might also want to check out peregiansprings.tv for some great videos and information on the area.